Candles can create a wonderful atmosphere & mood, but they also require care and attention. When using our products, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure your safety. These tips will also help your candles maintain their high quality for longer.
- Remove all packaging and place candle on a stable heat resistant surface.
- Ensure the candle is placed 10cm away from other candles and items, away from sources of heat, out of drafts and in a well-ventilated room.
- If the candle has been used previously, ensure that the wick has been trimmed to the recommended length (see after burning instructions below).
- Never leave a candle unattended and always ensure that it is kept upright.
- Ensure that candles are kept out of the reach of children and animals.
- During & after burning, avoid hot wax making contact with your skin. Should this occur wash thoroughly with soap and water. If irritation does occur seek medical advice.
- Always ensure that the wick is centred during burning. If the wick burns too close to the edge, the intense heat may cause it to crack or break. To centre & straighten the wick, blow out the candle & use a tweezers to reposition the wick while the wax is still melted.
- Do not touch the glass while a candle is lighting.
- For an optimum burn from your candle, please keep it lit for a minimum of 2 hours and maximum of 4 hours on each occasion you use it. This will allow the pool of wax to reach the glass and will prevent the wax from tunnelling.
- Never burn for more than a maximum of 4 hours at a time. If you do, the wax may get too hot.
- Stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
- Check for unwanted drafts or debris in the wax.
- After each burn, allow the wax and glass to cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- Trim the candle wick to approximately 6mm before every burn using a scissors or wick trimmer. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning & smoking. Take care not to split the wick’s threads.
- When the candle is used, please dispose of contents/container at an approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.